Tips for Medical Professionals using Facebook
Doctors and other medical professionals need to be especially cognizant of how to best use Facebook to promote their practice. Potential legal ramifications due to patient privacy should be of paramount concern. Here are several ideas for the types of content to post to Facebook.
- Become a sounding board for answering common questions you are asked. Ensure you use general terms and if a thread is becoming too detailed ask the patient to schedule an appointment.
- Post health news and tips along with your commentary or opinion.
- Introduce new staff members.
- Ask for and thank your patients for their feedback about your practice.
- Post before and after pictures when appropriate.
- Explain and introduce new technology and how your practice is using it to benefit your patients.
If you would like to learn more about starting or managing your social media presence including Facebook, please contact us today.