16 Statistics That Prove the Importance of Local SEO
When you are searching for a local business that will sell you the book your friend recommended, fix your favorite pair of slacks, or bake an alien-themed cake for your child’s birthday – how do you find them?
Of course, you do a little online research on your favorite search engine.
Your customers do the same. When they are searching for a service or product similar to what your business sells, they are going to go online to locate it.
Do you know that 88 percent of consumers that do a local search on their cellphone call or visit a store within 24-hours? In fact, close to 46 percent of all Google searches are looking for local information.
A key to driving more potential customers to your store is a strong local SEO strategy. This is true whether you have one store or one hundred. Consider these sixteen local SEO facts and see why using SEO could help your business.
- 1. According to GoGulf – 46 percent of all searches on Google are looking for local information.
- According to HubSpot Marketing Statistics – 72 percent of consumers that performed a local search visited a store that was located within 5 miles.
- According to SEO Tribunal – 97 percent of individuals learn more about local businesses online than anywhere else.
- According to Nectafy – 88 percent of searches for local organizations on a mobile device either visit or call the organization within 24-hours.
- According to Forrester – mobile devices will influence over $1.4 trillion in local sales by the year 2021.
- According to HubSpot Marketing Statistics – 61 percent of mobile searches have an increased likelihood to contact a local organization if they have a mobile-friendly website.
- 7. According to Think with Google – 18 percent of local cell phone searches resulted in purchases within 24-hours, whereas only 7 percent of non-local searches resulted in a sale.
- 8. According to SEO Tribunal – 78 percent of all local-based mobile web searches led to an offline purchase.
- According to Chat Meter – “close by” or “near me” type searches increased by more than 900 percent over two years.
- According to Think with Google – 72 percent of tablet or computer users and 67 percent of cellphone users want ads that are customized to their zip code or city.
- According to WordStream – location-based coupons utilized on mobile devices can result in a 9916 percent increase in incremental revenue.
- According to Joel House Search Media – local searches lead to purchases 28 percent of the time.
- According to Joel House Search Media – information from search results send 70 percent of the consumer to a physical store.
- According to SEO Expert – 92 percent of searchers will choose an organization on the first page of the local search results.
- According to HubSpot Marketing Statistics – by the year 2021, Global retail eCommerce sales will reach $4.5 trillion.
- According to Think with Google – four out of five consumers utilize search engines to locate local information.
If you would like to speak to us about our location based search engine optimization services, please contact us today.