16 Statistics That Prove the Importance of Local SEO
When you are searching for a local business that will sell you the book your friend recommended, fix your favorite pair of slacks, or bake an alien-themed cake for your child’s birthday – how do you find them?
Of course, you do a little online research on your favorite search engine.
Your customers do the same. When they are searching for a service or product similar to what your business sells, they are going to go online to locate it.
Do you know that 88 percent of consumers that do a local search on their cellphone call or visit a store within 24-hours? In fact, close to 46 percent of all Google searches are looking for local information.
A key to driving more potential customers to your store is a strong local SEO strategy. This is true whether you have one store or one hundred. Consider these sixteen local SEO facts and see why using SEO could help your business.
- 1. According to GoGulf – 46 percent of all searches on Google are looking for local information.
- According to HubSpot Marketing Statistics – 72 percent of consumers that performed a local search visited a store that was located within 5 miles.
- According to SEO Tribunal – 97 percent of individuals learn more about local businesses online than anywhere else.
- According to Nectafy – 88 percent of searches for local organizations on a mobile device either visit or call the organization within 24-hours.
- According to Forrester – mobile devices will influence over $1.4 trillion in local sales by the year 2021.
- According to HubSpot Marketing Statistics – 61 percent of mobile searches have an increased likelihood to contact a local organization if they have a mobile-friendly website.
- 7. According to Think with Google – 18 percent of local cell phone searches resulted in purchases within 24-hours, whereas only 7 percent of non-local searches resulted in a sale.
- 8. According to SEO Tribunal – 78 percent of all local-based mobile web searches led to an offline purchase.
- According to Chat Meter – “close by” or “near me” type searches increased by more than 900 percent over two years.
- According to Think with Google – 72 percent of tablet or computer users and 67 percent of cellphone users want ads that are customized to their zip code or city.
- According to WordStream – location-based coupons utilized on mobile devices can result in a 9916 percent increase in incremental revenue.
- According to Joel House Search Media – local searches lead to purchases 28 percent of the time.
- According to Joel House Search Media – information from search results send 70 percent of the consumer to a physical store.
- According to SEO Expert – 92 percent of searchers will choose an organization on the first page of the local search results.
- According to HubSpot Marketing Statistics – by the year 2021, Global retail eCommerce sales will reach $4.5 trillion.
- According to Think with Google – four out of five consumers utilize search engines to locate local information.